Tuesday 26 March 2019

You're Welcome!


Well it’s taken a long time but finally I have completed contracts and bought a new house. I picked up the keys today – yippppeee!

It’s going to take a little while longer to make my house my home, there is lots of cleaning to be done and then we have to move in all our stuff that has been in storage for the past four months. I can’t remember everything I’ve put away, it’s going to be a bit of a surprise unpacking boxes.

I should be over the moon, shouting the news from the rooftops and all those other clichés but I‘m still tired from chemo last week and once more the emotions of such a big upheaval has completely overwhelmed me. Earlier today I was even on the verge of tears. It’s a big step moving forward, leaving the past behind and starting something new.

My first new purchase that I have put down is a door mat, it’s stripy and soft and very long, to be honest it probably doesn’t fit how I wanted it to but It is a sign to say you are welcome, come in, wipe your feet and make yourself at home. There is a little heart in the corner, a sign of love.



I do hope it is a happy home, I’ve already had lots of messages on Facebook wishing me well.

And I’ve met my new neighbours, the youngest of the 3 children said unprompted and completely innocently.

“I’m glad you’ve moved in. The last people were grumpy!”

I get the feeling my new house will soon feel like home with such a resounding welcome to the neighbourhood!




No comments:

Post a Comment