Tuesday 19 March 2019

Shh.... your flowers are sleeping


I’ve received some beautiful flowers over the last few months since my operation and through my recovery. They always make a wonderful gift.

But never has a box been delivered that slides through the letterbox.

And never haver they come with a note like this attached…



They are a gift from the writing group I used to belong to.

So I thought it fitting to write a poem as a thank you to these wonderful wordsmiths….

Shh…
your flowers are sleeping,
tightly curled up in their buds,
enfolded by their silky sheets 
         and fragrant dreams

Breathing in the air around
soaking up the sun
drinking dew drops on their face
          A new life begun!

Potential starts in tiny spaces
a word, or turn of phrase
leads you on a pathway
                             of imagination
to while away the days…



My flowers look beautiful now but they are still sleepy and once they wake up the blooms will be even more stunning – it said so on the box!

1 comment:

  1. ‘Potential starts in tiny spaces’❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete