Tuesday 21 November 2023

The in between space

I’ve finally handed my memoir over to be formatted into a REAL book and now I’m in between.

I’ve never been here before.

It’s like waiting on a railway platform for the next train to pull in.

I wonder where it will take me?

Somewhere new or a familiar route where I can list each station off by heart?

 


“Mind the gap,” the announcement says.

I slipped once, missed the step, and fell between the train and the platform.

I was only a small child so my mum hauled me back up.

It’s an odd, half remembered memory.

I’m certain it happened but maybe I should ask mum to be sure it wasn’t just my fertile imagination.

 

My mind jumps to a film with Sandra Bullock in – While you were Sleeping,

I check my DVD collection, I don’t own a copy, but I do have The Lake House.

I Google it to make sure I’ve remembered the plot -

Does she save a man from an oncoming train? of course she does!

(makes a change from driving a runaway bus I suppose)

 

Maybe Sandra Bullock can play me if they ever make a film out of my memoir!

 

Oh, this is silly. My mind has taken a meandering twist away from reality.

But this is what happens in the in between space,

The space where you have no idea what happens next.

 

I dream of a worldwide book tour and TV appearances

I dream of a box of unloved books gathering dust in the corner of a room

I dream of something in between

 

And I wonder where I will be in six months’ time?

Who I will be – will I still be me?


Or will I be Sandra Bullock?



No comments:

Post a Comment