Friday 3 January 2020

Winter Snowdrop

I seem to be writing mostly poems at the moment and today is no exception as I've been inspired by an old blog post about spying my first snowdrop.

I miss the snowdrops from the old garden, there are some bulbs planted here but as I put them in quite late in the year I'm still waiting and hoping they will appear at just the right time when I'm feeling low and in need of some cheer.

This time of year is bittersweet, in many ways winter is only just beginning, January and February can be so cold and relentless. However we've also just turned over a calendar for a new year, full of fresh possibilities.

Happy New Chapter...


Winter                 Snowdrop

Winter waits
icy tentacles
unbidden chill
freezing hearts     Timid snowdrop
                             fresh shoot
                             welcome arrival
                             pleasing hearts
Winter sunshine
fool’s gold
dazzling low
no thaw imparts    Defiant snowdrop
                             hidden jewel
                             earth awakens
                             new hope sparks




No comments:

Post a Comment