Monday 14 October 2019

#Stoma66 week 2

Its a wet and miserable day out there - good for ducks, not so great for walking.

So for my exercise today I decided it was about time I used an old exercise DVD that I was given years ago for Christmas and although I have half watched it I have never actually done the moves.

I give you Miranda Hart's Maracattack...


Step 1; make maracas!

She even gets Kirsty Allsop to show her how, very simple really two water bottles with a spoonful of rice in each.


My own safety tips - don't spill rice over the floor, tripping hazard, and don't try to drink from a bottle filled with rice, choking hazard.

Step 2; Clear the furniture to make a space to exercise.



My own top tip - put on some good music to dance and tidy at the same time, a pre warm up warm up, burning even more calories. Remember to wear pedometer and really make it count!

Step 3: Put on DVD, skip pre-amble of funny sketches and go straight for the warm up. remember to shake those maracas!

Step 4: After a drink attempt the 20 minutes of cardio, which includes such steps as the Crazy Crab and some galloping.

Step 5: Skip the High Intensity section - already too hot and sweaty!

Step 6 and 7: Avoid the upper body and bums and tums section - even if Miranda's old flame Gary turns up!

Step 8: Core strength - hmmmm - a bit of gentler exercise lying on the floor - try a bit of that!

Step 9: Relaxation - involves rocking backwards and forwards with a maraca between your hands - a little bit weird and closing my eyes makes me go dizzy.

Step 10: Do a few proper cool down stretches, not actually on the DVD, well the bits I watched, but I've been to enough exercise classes to know this is important.

Step11: Check pedometer - 1.6 kilometres without even leaving the house - result!

Step 12: Run a bath, relax!

Step 13: Write a blog about it all, have some lunch and crack on with the tidying up, or even have a snooze on the sofa....tomorrow it's back to Zumba so I might just conserve my energy for that!

hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment